This document introduces you to the main parts of the info/control
Account settings are listed at the top of the info/control area.
- User: the name by which you are known to the hosting
system. It's the same as your control panel login.
- FTP Login: the login name you use when you upload
your site to your home directory on the server.
- Plan: the arrangement of resources and services
you are subscribed to. To change your plan,
click the icon next to the plan name. You cannot change between incompatible
plans, like Unix and Windows. (More about changing plans)
- Billing period: the period of time you pay for.
Your payments include recurrent fees charged at the beginning
of the billing period and usage fees charged at the end
of the billing period. For more information see the
Paying for Hosting chapter of this manual.
Click the icon to switch to a different billing period.
(More about changing billing period)
- Domains: the sites you host in this account. Within
one account, you can host as many sites as your plan allows.
This is the total amount of information transferred to and
from your account by Internet visitors and yourself from the
beginning of the current billing month.
Example: Imagine that your billing period is 2 months long and started
on the 5th of October. Even though it ends on 5th December, the billing month
will end on 5th November, and that's when traffic will be reset.
However, if you change your total traffic limit earlier, say on 25 October,
it will be on October 5th that a new billing month will start
and traffic will be reset.
If you expect to run up more traffic than comes with your
plan, it's a good idea to raise your traffic limit. To do
so, click the second icon:
Total traffic limit is the amount of traffic you pay for
in advance. It is charged at the recurrent fee. However:
- if you fail to run up all your quota resource, you are
not returned the payment for the unused megabytes;
- if you exceed the quota, you are charged usage fee per
each gigabyte of the excess traffic.
You can always buy additional amount of the resource in order
not to be charged the extra payment.
The system e-mails you a notification when you have used
80% of the traffic limit.
Control Panel navigation is not included into the total traffic.
Traffic Details (version
2.07 and higher): click the View icon to see
what makes up your total traffic.
Depending on your plan configuration, billing for disk space
is based on either disk quota or disk usage.
If your disk space billing is based on disk quota, the Statistics section will display a bar showing the amount of disk space actually used out of the disk space allowed by your account quota. This bar shows disk space only on the web server.
The edit icon will allow you to change disk quota.
If your disk space billing is based on disk usage, the Statistics section
will display a bar showing average summary disk usage since the beginning of the billing month.
More on disk usage.
In this section you will also see the summary disk usage for the last day. It is the total disk space used by files in your FTP home directory, all your mailboxes and DBs at the moment of the system scan. As a rule, the scans run every night.
The edit icon will allow you to change disk usage limit. To change disk quota, go to the FTP User page.
Resource meter shows how much of your resources you have
used, how much you have free, and how much you can have at
most in this account:
- Domains - number of domains in this account
- Subdomains - total number of subdomains in all domains
of this account
- Mailboxes - total number of mailboxes in all domains and
subdomains of this account
- Auto responders - total number of autoresponders in all
mailboxes of this account
- MySQL database - total number of MySQL databases in this
- PgSQL database - total number of PGSQL databases in this account
Select a new skin
Different control panel skins have different navigation principles.
To change to a different skin, do the following:
- Click Select a New Skin in the info/control area on the left.
- On the page that appears, select the name of the skin in the
Choose Design box and click the Choose button.
- Select the icon set and click the Set icon.
- Set Tooltips state. This option determines whether
or not to show assisting hints at the top of each page.
- Click Home in the info/control area to return to
your control panel home page.
More about changing interface in H-Sphere 2.4.
This option will change all texts in the control panel, including
labels, system notes, context online help, etc.
(More about changing language.)